Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Brain Chatter

On p. 31 Dr. Taylor first introduces brain chatter. I wondered now that I had a term for what my brain is constantly thinking, what I am actually thinking about. So I said for a whole day I was going to write down everything my brain chatted about.

I quit after 5 minutes. It is crazy how much you can think about just in 5 minutes. Try it and post your results and I will post mine!

Now off for some indian food which my brain was chatting about as I titled this post... :)

2 comments:

t. said...

well, just at dinner i thought of the stew i was eating, and of celery salt, and of that compared to regular salt, and then of how my ass looked in the chair from behind, and then of how many carbs were in the crackers. and then i added the crackers and started eating them, thinking of something else, and then oops! too many crackers=too many carbs. and then yogapants said something and i focused for 5 seconds.

virginia said...

i'm bored at work. i have a pretty pink flower dry erase board, and that makes me think of my chia pet. oo, maroon 5 just came on. clorox bleach wipes are crappy for cleaning nasty cubicles, and my keyboard is so gross. i really need one of those air-blowing bottles. the crap would fly everywhere, though, and then i'd need a vacuum. schedule for the office is color-coded...that's nice. oo, soccer at noon. i don't feel like going, but i probably will. i don't know if i want to go. still trying to decide. that thought will keep going for a while.

well, there's my brain chatter while at work.