Thursday, January 20, 2011

Patricia Cornwell's Port Mortuary

I almost forgot!  I also got my pre-ordered copy of Port Mortuary by Patricia Cornwell while I was at home this Christmas.  It is the latest book in the Kay Scarpetta series (countless books at this point), which first stoked my interest in reading.  It was wonderful.  Patricia Cornwell is certainly back to the style of writing that made her books impossible-to-put-down in the beginning.  She does tend to repeat certain adjectives throughout the series, which makes me giggle.  In her earlier works, duct tape was often "Blaze Orange"...and in this book, she described the Medical Examiner coveralls as "Blaze Yellow."  She loves that blaze.  And honestly, so do I.  I mean, I know exactly what color she's talking about.

But anyway, back to the book.  Here's the lovely cover. :)

No comments: